Tuesday, May 25, 2010

House, Interviews, Flowers

First and foremost, we are closing on our house Friday!! Pretty crazy that we will officially be homeowners. An entire house to clean. Utility bills. A mortgage payment. But, of most importance, it means the wedding is coming up soooooon! :)

Lately my life has been busy with worrying about the Nurse Practitioner job situation. Silly, yes. I have a great RN position that I am lucky to have, but I am very eager to begin my practice as an NP. I have been interviewing at a couple of different places lately, so we will see what happens. Tonight I sat down and wrote pros/cons for some of the different places, and the results were pretty surprising. I think that I am missing some key things, though.. it will not be an easy decision should some options become job offers.

Back to wedding things.. today we (Mom, me, and Aunt Neezy) met with the florist for the first time! We are going with Maureen's Buffalo Wholesale; she is supposed to be one of the best. She was extremely helpful when we went in, and of course it probably went smoother because I had a good idea of what I want. I'm very happy that the flowers I wanted most will look good together.. Gerber daisies, calla lillies, and roses.. a mix of burgundy, ivory, and burnt orange.. very fall like! My girls will have fall colored gerber daisies, and the flower girl will have an ivory satin basket with mini-gerbers (so cute!). The florist also gave us some fantastic ideas for centerpieces, which is something that I have been having a lot of trouble deciding on. I think we're going to go with a floral arrangement with fall leaves tied in and burgundy & orange votives. It seems as though fall leaves are becoming the theme of this wedding, which I think will look very classy compared to some of the tackier ideas with pumpkins and gourds that I had before, lol. Tonight ended very nicely with a dinner at Chef's with the ladies. Of course I had my usual.. gnocchi parmed with mushrooms.. mmm! Now this whole weight loss motivation thing needs to start, ha! ...

No comments:

Post a Comment