Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Financial Stuff

Can I say how much there is to think about when figuring out finances and affordability for weddings and homes, etc? Just when I thought I had accounted for everything, there's even more! It's wierd to think about such adult-like things, exciting, but scary at the same time. Ryan doesn't think so, but I think that I'm already turning into Bridezilla. I can admit that I obsess over things, so you can imagine how obsessive I am about all of this wedding business even though we just got engaged almost 4 days ago! I just want this wedding to be perfect, but in all actuality, it will be because all I need is Ryan standing at the altar.

So, as you can tell I've really been spending time number crunching for the past couple of days so that we can begin to plan the best time to get married, buy a house or apartment, etc based on our income and savings. I really just want to set a date because I will be starting school for the summer in a week and it would make things much less stressful if we have a date set and booked at the church (then reception planning and booking ...). We discussed it at length tonight and it's looking like an October 2010 wedding is probably going to happen, and I am ecstatic! We both really want to get married in the fall if possible financially, and I think we should be able to with pushing back buying a house until we're more established.

Ok, off to bed, that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment