It has been a busy week so far! Tuesday evening Ryan and I and our moms went to visit The Como, an Italian place in Niagara Falls, to see their reception hall for weddings. Not the most impressive, very old fashioned - but on the plus side the manager gave us a tour of the kitchen and we saw some very old fashioned pasta machines. They also make their sauce in this HUGE sink looking thing. Yeah, I'm Italian, I get a kick out of this stuff. Needless to say, we won't pick The Como for the reception but we had a yummy dinner out of the visit anyways.
Wednesday evening we booked 10/09/10 at the church, St. John's! Our priest is Father James - he's young and kind of goofy, but I think he'll make it fun and more relaxed. The "interview" that we had with him was very laid back and nice. Next step? Signing up for a Pre-Cana class and then starting to plan for the actual ceremony in the church.
Tonight we visited Sean Patrick's, a cute Irish restaurant nearby to see their banquet hall. Let's just say that I totally felt the "it" factor when we went in. It was beautiful. The room is very nice, the dance floor is in the middle, we can use a live band and CD music, the owner sets a ton of it up, there's a private bride's room with a private bathroom, the foyer is beautiful with a baby grand that we can rent to have somebody play in the beginning - yeah, I was impressed. The pictures of prior wedding setups were really nice too, and the chef that cooks for the party carves the fruit to go on the fruit platter in the shapes of animals! Also, it's only one party at a time. I do have to keep my mind open for one more place though ... Classics V tomorrow, we'll see how it goes! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment