A bit more has been done since our trip to the Dessert Deli. The following week we went to Muscoreils Bakery and tried cakes with our moms and my maid of honor. We tried a white almond cake with raspberry filling, a white cake with strawberry mousse, chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, and marble cake with chocolate chip mousse. They were so delicious, and the owner was so nice. The price was much more reasonable, and there was no pressure to come up with a design or choices at the time. It didn't take much to get us to book, I had it in my mind going into the bakery that this was the one that I wanted. The cake was impressive, and the model cakes that they had in their wedding room were beautiful; we were even able to see a fall themed cake to get an idea of what we could do for one! While we haven't decided on cake flavors yet, some favorites included the white almond cake and strawberry mousse, and the marble cake and the chocolate or chocolate chip mousse.
Later on that week we went to Sean Patricks to try some food from their wedding menu to try to get an idea of what we want to offer as choices. We tried potato encrusted haddock with a lobster cream sauce, chicken francoise, chicken marsala, traditional baked chicken, pork tenderloin, and the filet. Most likely we will go with the fish option versus the pork. Our favorite chicken was the chicken francoise, very moist chicken lightly breaded and fried with a lemon butter sauce ... mmm! We are also going to go with the filet (or we might also go back and try the prime rib, but too much fat might be an issue), which was served on a piece of toast with onion rings on top ... the presentation was nice, and it was tasty. There will also be a vegetarian option, either ravioli or vegetable lasagna; we didn't try them, but I've had the ravioli there before and know those are good at least, but we'll see. Aside from the main dishes we tried their cream of potato soup ... TO DIE FOR. If that were my meal, I'd be a happy camper.
This past week I have done some dress shopping with my mom and aunt. David's Bridal had some nice dresses, and I ended up liking two of them; surprisingly both were all white since I was adamant about having color in the dress. Yesterday we went to Alfred Angelo Bridal in Rochester, and I found my dress! I can't go into much detail because it is bad luck and will ruin the surprise ;-) but I love love love love it, and it was a great deal. It's an egg shell white with some pearly beading and has "berry" colored strips going down into the train. The veil that the girl helped me pick out happened to have similar beading on it like the dress. We looked a bit at Mother of the Bride dresses and bridesmaid dresses, but I really want to get input from the girls. I'm hoping to go with my Maid of Honor when she comes home to pick out her dress, and to go with my bridesmaids to pick their dresses. The color will probably end up being "berry", but I don't know how I want to do the styles, how to distinguish my Maid of Honor, etc. Too much to consider!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you've got a lot planned! Congratulations again on the dress :)
ReplyDelete