Thursday, September 3, 2009

401 Days!

I can't believe we're already down to 401 days til our wedding, soon enough it will be only one year away! I have all of my bridesmaids asked, and we now have our flower girl and ring bearer. We also asked my cousin to be a groomsman. So, as far as the bridal party, Ryan just has to finish up his guys, but we're making headway!

In other news, I'm getting pretty anxious about the wedding planning stuff. There is so much to do and think about, and much of it has to do with the actual color of the dress that I go with! My mom, aunt, and I (and maybe my MOH!) are planning on going to David's and Alfred Angelo (in Rochester) to start looking for wedding dresses at the end of September/October. Then bridesmaids dresses ... but I'm hoping to go with some of my girls or chat lots via computer to check those out and get opinions. :)

We have our DJ. We ended up booking Whirlin' Disc Sound in Clarence; they have a lot of experience with Sean Patrick's and the owner seemed to be very experienced and I was impressed! Plus, we get a gift card to Tuxedo Junction, and any little bit helps. After talking to him is when I began to get anxious about the wedding planning, because after the bridal shows are when things start to book (shows starting at the end of September)!

The next step other than the dress is picking out the cake. We have an appointment with Muscareil's bakery in early October which includes talking to the owner and cake person and trying cakes, yum! We are also going to check out the Dessert Deli at some point, another yummy place for sweets. Even though Ryan and I aren't huge cake people, I think this will be one of the most fun parts, haha. :)

So, I think that's it for now. School started on Monday and I'm already really busy, especially since I know that I have to teach research to myself. Our professor is a guy named Pow who is 73, and he's really cute but graduated from Yale and speaks on a level that is way over my head and gives at least 20 minute dissertations to student questions. Yikes! Not much teaching gets accomplished. That with our family course and clinical and an addictions course, it'll be a busy semester. But hey, the end is near (May '10).

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've been getting a lot done! Dress shopping will be a fun next step!

    ReplyDelete